Just a quick Q

James OGorman jameso at shf.org
Tue Jul 14 16:00:12 GMT 1998

I am getting ready to set up a RedHat 5.1 Box to be located at a remote
site hooked up by modem. It is going to be running IP Masq for about 3
Win 95 machines. It will also be running as a Samba server for these
machines, using server auth through the WinNT PDC at the main site. User
files will be stored at the Samba server then copied onto tape at the
main site at about 4 in the morning. I am planning on setting up Null
IPs on the 3 95 boxes.

Is there anything I should be aware of before going for it? I picked up
the Samba book and am almost done with it (very well written I must
add), and everything looks like it will work ok. I am just tring to
cover my butt before I get to deep into this. Anyone have any problems
when the clients are using IP masq to access the outside world through
samba? I dont plan on the 95 boxes to log on to the NT domain to save on
traffic unless I have to.

Ideas? I am barking up the wrong tree? Or am I heading down the right
path? Thanks.

Jim