Remote announcing a Sun

Gabriel Akos gabriel at lhsystems.hu
Tue Jul 14 12:35:12 GMT 1998

Hi!

I have a question about remote announcing.

We have a Sun Ultra Enterprise server, running Samba 1.9.18p8
It's on an ethernet network, ip is 160.10.3.2
We have a Linux PC, running Samba 1.9.16p11
It's on the ethernet with ip 160.10.3.6 and on the tokenring with ip
160.10.1.6. It does no routing.
We have another Linux computer, having ip 160.10.3.5 on the ethernet and
160.10.1.5 on tokenring, which does the routing.
On all unices the routing is set up correctly (they see everything they
should.) We have some winnt and win95 pc-s, either on the ethernet or on
the tokenring. Ethernet pc-s see the Sun without problems, but in the
'Network neighborhood' of the tokenring pc-s, I can't see the Sun.
(sometimes I can't see anything, but this is win*'s fault).
How should I configure the Unices to let the tokenring pc's see the Sun?
Should I transfer the master browser function to the Linux which does the
routing?
We have just a workgroup, so no domain here at all.

Thanks in advance!

And please answer to my personal address too, I'd like to have the
solution AFAP. Thx! :)

  GA'BRIEL, A'kos                              FAX:   (+36-1) 4312-977
  mailto: gabriel at lhsystems.hu                 Phone: (+36-1) 4312-979