Problem : Same name for WORKGROUP and DOMAIN

Varol Keskin keskinv at alpha.sci.ege.edu.tr
Tue Jul 14 05:44:11 GMT 1998

Our server running samba 1.9.18p8 has name ASTRONOMY and the workgroup name
's also ASTRONOMY. All Win95 clients has also ASTRONOMY workgroup name.
After the installation of samba 1.9.18p8 on our linux server, all clients
show an error message which indicates that "workgroup name can not be the
same name as server name" during the loading Win95. This was not the case
for the previous version of samba. This error message was the same for some
other previous version of samba but I don't remember the version number.
Thanks for help.
 Varol Keskin
 Ege University, Faculty of Science,
 Department of Astronomy and Space Sciences,
 Bornova 35100, Izmir - TURKEY

 keskinv at astronomy.sci.ege.edu.tr
 keskinv at alpha.sci.ege.edu.tr
 http://astronomy.sci.ege.edu.tr/~keskinv/