Making DOS Boot Disks for Samba

Dan Mandell dmandell at saintmarys.edu
Mon Jul 13 22:12:00 GMT 1998

Thanks to several very helpful souls on this list we have been able to
replace ndis2 NIC drivers and boot successfully in DOS, map a Samba drive
... permitting us to use a DOS Ghost to build lab systems.

The guy who figured this stuff out last year has left the college and I
don't understand what protocols, or clients he used to support a DOS-Samba
connection. (I'ld be lost if I had to build a boot disk from scratch or
fix something more than a change of NIC.)

My "netstart.bat" looks as follows.... but source of protocol.ini and
system.ini which I haven't copied  - is a mystery to me.

Does anybody recognize or tell me what this stuff is ..... amd if there is
a simpler way to build a DOS disk to make a Dos connection? Is this
Microsoft Lan Manager DOS client stuff, NT DOS client stuff ?

net initialize
nwlink
netbind.com
umb.com