Problem with multiple interfaces

Scott Kaplan scott at sflegal.net
Mon Jul 13 23:00:47 GMT 1998

I have a Redhat 5.1 linux box configured as a firewall.  I want to run
Samba on the private side of the firewall.  I have configured:

    bind interfaces only = True
    interfaces = 10.1.0.0/16

I get the following in log.nmb

    find_response_record: response packet id 5138 received with no matching
record.
    find_subnet_for_nmb_packet: response record not found for response id 5138
    find_response_record: response packet id 5139 received with no matching
record.
    find_subnet_for_nmb_packet: response record not found for response id 5139

And a client on the private net can't find the server
(tools->find->\\<server>)

If I remove the two lines from smb.conf, things seem to work, except the
public interface answers the clients on the private net.

Ideas?

Scott Kaplan
SF Legal Net
346 Fair Oaks Street