Rad Hat installation by newbie

Evan Panagiotopoulos panagiot at frontiernet.net
Mon Jul 13 22:49:22 GMT 1998

Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions.  I looked in /var/log/samba-log. and I saw many
entries complaining that:
            Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host spanky.home.com
            No interface found for address 196.126.10.64
I looked around in the Network COnfigurator tool and I couldn't find the 196.126.10.64
address.  I also looked in the smb.conf and I didn't see anything there either.  I can ping the
Red Hat machine from the Windows 95 machine.  As a matter of fact I can ping all machines from
every machine.  I can ftp and telnet.  I can issue the command hostname and Red Hat responds
"spanky.home.com".
I also edited the registry and I enambled the plain text passwords.

Any suggestions??

Evan Panagiotopoulos