No subject

Ramon Herrera razor at art.edu
Fri Jul 10 21:36:32 GMT 1998

Hello all,

We are having a problem with samba version 1.9.18p7 running on a SGI
Origin 200 Irix 6.4.  Every once in a while samba will hang all operations
on the server, i.e. cannot login or run any commands to see what is going
on.  We have been lucky in the two instances where this has happened by
having and open root shell on the origin.  The only command you can run on
the server which responds is /etc/init.d/samba stop.  After stopping and
starting samba the machine is back to normal, no reboot necessary as of
yet.

These are the errors in the log.smb file which seem to point to the
problem:

ERROR: string overflow by 96 in safe_strcpy [.Finalwestwoodcut.0003.sgi.
.Finalwestwoodcut.0001]
ERROR: string overflow by 96 in safe_strcpy [.Finalwestwoodcut.0003.sgi.
.Finalwestwoodcut.0001]
ERROR: string overflow by 96 in safe_strcpy [.Finalwestwoodcut.0003.sgi.
.Finalwestwoodcut.0001]
ERROR: string overflow by 96 in safe_strcpy [.Finalwestwoodcut.0003.sgi.
.Finalwestwoodcut.0001]
ERROR: string overflow by 96 in safe_strcpy [.Finalwestwoodcut.0003.sgi.
.Finalwestwoodcut.0001]

Any solutions or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ramon Herrera
Academy of Art College