samba and Citrix Metaframe

Darrin M. Gorski dgorski at ford.com
Fri Jul 10 13:51:33 GMT 1998

On Fri, 10 Jul 1998, Benoit Baguette (Beuh) wrote:

> Is it possible to use samba with Citrix Metaframe to allow Unix users
> running Windows applications and having access to their unix
> directories?

I'm not familiar with MetaFrame, but we run Wincenter by NCD (which is
based on Citrix's code) and I use Samba to get back to my home directory
from there.

> I'd like to know if there is no problem of authentication and
> permissions.

Nope. You _will_ be prompted for a password unless you run Samba's
encrypted passwords (provided of course your passwords on MetaFrame and
UNIX match).

                                [Darrin]

--
"I have no special gift. I am only passionately curious." - A. Einstein

Darrin M. Gorski, Research Computer Systems Network Support
Scientific Research Laboratories, Ford Motor Company
Internet: dgorski at ford.com | Tel/Fax: +1 (313) 248-3753