samba & timezone

Carsten Wimmer cawim at garrincha.oche.de
Thu Jul 9 22:12:46 GMT 1998

Hi!

I am using SAMBA (Suse 5.1) and it works perfectly well, when
accessing the shares on the linux machine from Win NT. When
creating a file it has the exact local time (in my case the
timezone is MET = GMT+2) on both the linux and windows machine.

Now I smbmount a Win NT partition under Linux and create a
file there. Under Linux, it has the exact local time (MET)
again. But under Win NT it has a time according to GMT,
and I don't know why. The correct timezone is set on both
machines (I've already read the TZ section in the FAQ).

Any ideas?

cu,
cawim

--