smbmount issues on a Win95 drive

servis at purdue.edu servis at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 8 19:31:51 GMT 1998

I am having some problems when I have a Win95 share mounted using
smbmount.  In some directories not all the directory entries are
showing up for an ls.  I can traverse the directories if I know what
they are.  I am running Debian Linux 2.0(libc6) with kernel 2.0.34 and
samba 1.9.18p8.  I have smbfs and the win95 bug workaround compiled
into the kernel.  Is there a solution to this?

Also, I am trying to use the excellent autofs feature of the kernel to
mount the Win95 shares as needed.  I would like these share to be
completely open and writable to all.  Well just me and root since this
is home a network.  I have been using the command line options for
smbmount of -g 65534 -u 65534 -f 777, 65534 is the nobody.nogroup
account. But I can't figure out how to pass these options to smbmount
through the autofs conf files.  The documentation for autofs is still a
little slim.  Has anybody tried this yet?

Thanks,

Brian
Mechanical Engineering                              servis at purdue.edu