ip_masq+dhcpd+samba+2nics

Terrelle Shaw hshaw at successnet.net
Wed Jul 8 16:34:19 GMT 1998

Just for others on the list..
"barfing" meaning it gives some errors and refuses to start. I have sense
gotten it to at least work with  ip_aliasing the "external" interface NIC
card, and configured the other NIC card to not be
configured upon boot up in order to get DHCPD to run correctly.
If it sees the other nic card upon boot..it.. "blows" , just doesn't run.
Hope this helps..
Is anyone else running  DHCPD with two NIC cards installed on there box,
and have dhcpd serving clients from ONE of those NIC's?

Terrelle Shaw

At 01:20 AM 7/8/98 -0700, Ted Lemon wrote:

>> One for our "internal" lan
>> (192.168.2.0) and the "external" lan..I have gotten the OS to see
>> both of them, but when trying to get DHCP to work with both, it kept
>> barfing..
>
>Barfing?   Can you be more explicit?    (Or perhaps I should say less
>- I'm not sure! :')
>
>I think the problem you're having is a Linux networking problem,
>actually, not a DHCP problem.   Or really, a Win95 problem.   It may
>be that somebody on this list can help you with these problems, but
>you'd have better luck asking on a Linux list.   The only thing I
>personally am likely to be able to help you with is the DHCP server
>"barfing."   :')
>
>			       _MelloN_

"I sync, therefore i think.."