netbios name resolution problem

Lei, Tina tlei at komsil.com
Wed Jul 8 02:27:08 GMT 1998

 	I am new to samba. I'm installing Samba 1.9.18p4 on x86 solaris.
When I try to access samba server from NT, I get error "The network path
was not found", which sugguest problem in netbios name resolution.
However, I COULD ACCESS it in the begining, from my PC and other PCs, so
the nmbd installation should be fine. This problem happened after I
change the PC's name, but the problem is not limited to my PC. The samba
server can not be accessed from other PCs as well now.  I did try to put
the samba server in my lmhosts and hosts file in my PC following the
"DIAGNOSIS.txt" by Andrew Tridgell, no luck. Anybody there has similar
experience? Any idea? Thanks.
Lei