Version 1.9.18p8

Anthony Ord samba at rollingthunder.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 19:04:39 GMT 1998

It's a client thing. I have Win 95b and properties for my 6GB shared
disk indicates it's 2GB (signed long) in size.

Funnily enough, if you go to the root, select all the directories and
click properties, it counts past  4GB (unsigned long) before saying I
have 241MB on that drive.

It's never caused me any problems. However YMMV..<bg>

Anthony

p.s. I have exactly the same SAMBA version as you.

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 00:55:47 +1000, Charlie Mengler
<charliem at anchorchips.com> wrote...

>I've recently installed Version 1.9.18p8 on a V2.6 Solaris x86 box.
>This system has an 8GB disk that I'm sharing out using Samba.
>After I map this share to a drive letter on my V4 NTWS, the
>properties for this drive reports that it is only 4GB.
>
>Is this a known "bug"?
>Other than the bogus information, will it have any adverse
>affects after the disk fills up to exceed 4GB used?

"If all these pretty young things were laid end-to-end,
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised." - Dorothy Parker