No subject

Giant Wang giant at EDItech.editech.com.tw
Wed Jul 1 04:37:01 GMT 1998

Dear sir,

    I got some trouble to use smbpasswd with unix password sync. But I
found some tricky to make it successfully.
    First you should chmod on /dev/pty??, it seems smbd wouldn't open
it by root. I have changed 16 ptys to 666 (i.e. chmod 666 /dev/typa?),
so it could be open by smbd.
    Second I found Samba have a bug with "passwd chat" handling. It
would cut first double quote, so all setting would be incorrect
format. You should use

passwd chat = *Enter*NEW*password* %n\n *Reenter*NEW*password* %n\n \
*Password*Changed*

to avoid use double quote. If you set unix password sync = true, then
don't set "Enter Old password" session (i.e. passwd would be run by
root).

    I hope it could help you to setup successfully.

Best regards,

Giant Wang
EDI Technology, Inc.
886-2-27695866#210