NT Crashes when doing large network file Xfers (was Re: NT crashes during smbtar)

Barney Dalton barneyd at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 1 02:23:35 GMT 1998

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Rick Flower wrote:
> So, if you see the NT network subsystem go DOA on you, can you tell
> us what network card you are running along with other vital stats (ie.
> 10mb / 100mb mode, full/half duplex, make/model of NIC, NT version,
> is the local subnet router in full or half duplex, etc.).

We have the same problem, I find it impossible to back up our http tree
over the network - webserver and networking die half way through, this
happens for both a samba client and another NT machine. Using NT server
4.0 SP3 and a DEC PCI ethernet DECchip 21040 card, 10mb.

Unfortunatley this machine is our main webserver so I haven't dared do
much investigation. Glad to see its not just me with this problem

barney

/ Barney Dalton                                            /
/ Computer support  support at mech.uwa.edu.au                /
/ Personal email    barneyd at cyllene.uwa.edu.au             /
/ Work Phone        (61) (8) 93803058 or 93803051          /
/ Twist my arm :    http://telerobot.mech.uwa.edu.au       /