Update: Password server rejecting passwords.

Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. asincero at erols.com
Sat Jan 31 17:47:12 GMT 1998

Hello again,

	Since I last posted to the mailing list concerning changing
network passwords from Windows 95 boxes, I upgraded all the SAMBA servers
to 1.9.18p2.  Changing the password from Control Panel->Passwords still
_does not work_.  However, changing it from a DOS command prompt using
"NET PASSWORD" works, partially.  I can change the password once, but if I
try to change it again it fails.  The log file on the password server
reveals the following error message:

check_lanman_password: old password doens't match.

(Thats a direct cut 'n paste, so yes there is a typo in that error message
;-)).

	Anybody have any ideas?

Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. a.k.a The TicK -=LpC=-
Undergraduate Computer Science Major/Linux Enthusiast/Competitive Bodybuilder
WWW: http://www.coming.to.a.web.site.near.you.com
e-mail: asincero at erols.com

"Only lamers quote themselves in their .signatures."
                                - Arcadio A. Sincero Jr., 1997