find_response_record/find_subnet_for_nmb_packet

Edan Idzerda edan at mtu.edu
Fri Jan 30 15:42:47 GMT 1998

I'm getting a *lot* of error messages like this, enough that I'm tempted
to remove syslog support because I catch syslogd using small but
measurable percentages of CPU time:

find_response_record: response packet id 27930 received with no matching record.
find_subnet_for_nmb_packet: response record not found for response id 27930
find_response_record: response packet id 35 received with no matching record.
find_subnet_for_nmb_packet: response record not found for response id 35

This 1.9.18p1 running on a SPARC 5, Solaris 2.5.  All clients are Win95,
but there may be some other weirdos in the same collision domains.

Some tidbits of the smb.conf that might be revealing:

    os level = 50
    security = user
    domain master = yes
    domain logons = yes