Which version is the most stable?

Mr M S Aitchison physmsa at cantua.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed Jan 28 20:19:52 GMT 1998

I'd like an important linux file server to run Samba with the greatest
reliability. Although I have a few doubts about RedHat 5.0 I don't
think there is any problem with simply getting the latest version of
Samba. Is that right?  Or is there some samba version that isn't quite
the latest but has a better reputation for stability?

Mark Aitchison,               \_  Phone: +64 3 364-2947 home 337-1225
Dept of Physics & Astronomy,  </    Fax: +64 3 364-2469  or  364-2999
University of Canterbury,    /)     Web: www.phys.canterbury.ac.nz/~physmsa
Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND.  (/'  E-mail: M.Aitchison at phys.canterbury.ac.nz