problemos

David Spear dspear at ulam.generes.ca
Sat Jan 24 01:18:13 GMT 1998

I have samba 1.9.16p9 runnin on Sparc Solaris 2.5.1.  My problem goes
something like this:

I manage a small lan of 8 PC's, 6 macs, and my unix box.  About 30
people or so use these computers, and we do not use the Win95 login
system... i.e., the whole group has one login and password, and the
machines stay on and "logged in" all the time.

People have no problem connecting to their home directory using samba by
typing \\host\userame in the map network drive box.  However, I can't
set up any other services.  I mean, I can, but when I try to connect, I
get "Password Incorrect".  The only way I can make it work is to set up
a new username in Win95 Logon, and a corresponding usernname on my unix
box.  My security is set to "share" and I was under the impression that
this takes care of the fact that pc and unix userid's might not be the
same.

Please help as I am really ripping my hair out.

dave