Incredible!!! HUGE speed improvement

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Jan 23 14:44:47 GMT 1998

has anyone tried this on NT machines, too?  what happens?  is it slower
with a UNC on nt or with a drive-map, or no difference?

i notice that it's _incredibly_ slow running over a mapped drive from an
NT client.  maybe they do something completely stupid, like resolve the
UNC _every_ time it does an SMBreadX or something...

luke