smbmount

Roeland M.J. Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Fri Jan 23 03:40:03 GMT 1998

I use smbmount. But it has a few problems, chief of these is the need to specify both user name and password in the command-line. I mount shares from my WinNT machines to my backup master so that BRU can dump thier content to DAT tape, on a cron-job. I do these smb mounts in my /etc/rc.d/rc.local and it is a shell script which can not be 400 <sigh>. Now if smbmount could use the smbpasswd file, life would be much better.