Win NT workstation and Samba PDC

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Jan 22 13:17:28 GMT 1998

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998, Santosh Krishnan x2815 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any success in setting this up?  I got the NT_DOM branch of
> the CVS tree and it compiled fine.  It is accepting encrypted passwords.
> Now in the smbpasswd file, I wasn't sure how to add the workstation, so I
> added a linux user with the name of the workstation, and then added the

with a $ on the end, as per the instructions?  ah, no you don't need to
add a unix account: only an smbpasswd account.

> same to the smbpasswd file.  Then I changed the smbpasswd of the machine
> just like in the NTDOMAIN.txt file.  The NT machine cannot see the domain.

follow the advice: get a 1.9.18p1 server working with a Win95 machine with
domain logons.  the use the same smbpasswd and smb.conf file, but add:

smb.conf:domain sid = .....
smbpasswd:your_machine_name$:65534:
nt_hash_of("your_machine_name"):lm_hash_of("your_machine_name"):0080: