Netlogon problems - solaris

David Hazelton dave.hazelton at sanmina.com
Wed Jan 21 16:05:40 GMT 1998

I have samba 1.9.17p4 running on Solaris 2.5
I do not have a NT machine on the net
What I need to do is beable to login to the NT Domain from W95
machines.
What I get is "No Domain Server was able to validate your
password...".
If I just login and reconnect drives/printers I get a login to login
to the server and I mount drives/printers just fine.

so samba is working.
[global]
   local master = yes
   domain master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   preferred master = yes
   workgroup = Plant-09
   comment = New England
   guest account = guest
   null passwords = yes
   os level = 34
   printing = sysv
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = no
   lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks
   wins support = no
   security = user
   netbios name = Osprey
   hide dot files = yes

[netlogon]

   comment = Samba Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
; Case sensitivity breaks logon script processing!!!
   case sensitive = no
          guest ok = yes locking = no              writable = no
;   For browseable say NO if you want to hide the NETLOGON share
   browseable = no

....etc

there is nothing in the /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon directory
I don't have Config.pol file as mentioned in domain.txt, because I
don't have NT to "steal" it from. (assuming that would work).
I don't need it to do any scripts so I didn't set that up. smbpasswd
is not setup because I'm not doing encrypted passwords and samba
wasn't compiled with encryption. Wins is off because I need DNS on
the pc for other reasons.