Samba 1.9.18p1: Cannot browse DMB server any more

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Fri Jan 16 19:08:46 GMT 1998

Ole,

	Is the DMB registering it's name with the WINS
server ? What does the WINS database look like ?

The error you report :

> 3. When you click on the DMB in the PC(B)'s Network Neighborhood,
> it says "Network error"; a longer error message is seen in a
> DOS box when you do "net view \\DMB".

means that the DMB server is being propagated in the
browse lists, but the name resolution from PC(B) is
failing. Is PC(B) pointing at the correct WINS server
containing the DMB name ?

(I did test the new nmbd code as a DMB before releasing
it you know - so did Andrew and lot of other people :-) :-).

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison,
	Samba Team.