Permisions on services

Tomek Jarosinski jarosins at rzbt.fh-hamburg.de
Wed Jan 14 16:47:31 GMT 1998

Hello,
In my samba services i have service homes (as usual) public and apps.
Homes are working wonderfull.
Apps and public are defined in this way:

[apps]
   comment = APPLICATIONS
   path = /export/apps
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   write list = andrew, tomek, @staff

[public]
   comment = PUBLIC
   path = /export/home1/public
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   write list = andrew, tomek, @public, @staff

apps and public are readonly for all users. I want that users andrew,
tomek and unix users from group staff have write permissions on [apps]
share, andrew, tomek, group staff and public have write permissions on
[public] share.

1. Users tomek and andrew are in both groups staff and public

2.unix groups staff and public are existing

3.unix directories  apps and public are exported (Solaris 2.5.1) and
have those permissions:
drwxrwxr-x   3 root     staff        512 Jan 14 11:40 apps
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     staff        512 Jan 14 09:59 public

4.I can write in my home directory without any problems
5.I can't write in apps and public .No metter which user or group.When i
log in on uni host, i can write there, when i am making samba connection
i have no write permission on those shares.

What am i making wrong ?

How should i define the permissions for samba shares on unix side ?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp !