Samba over PPP

Brian Lalor blalor at hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
Mon Jan 12 19:10:12 GMT 1998

>From my understanding of the way PPP and Samba work, without special
configuration, SMB broadcasts will not be forwarded over a PPP connection.
What has to be set up on the Samba server and Samba/Windows clients in
order for this to work?  Will a simple LMHOSTS file on the client be
sufficient or do I need to direct the Samba server to send packets
directly to the remote PPP client?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

B r i a n  L a l o r                         blalor at hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu
http://hcirisc.cs.binghamton.edu/~blalor     Spam me not.
   To get my pgp key, put "get pgp key" in the subject of your message

  Brain:  Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
  Pinky:  I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking... I mean,
          what would the children look like?