Samba Printing from NT :(

Douglas Stoun doug at igor.cmr.fsu.edu
Fri Jan 9 15:48:13 GMT 1998

Had samba running on a Sparc with no problems.  Print services work great for
our lab and our workstations....until I went to NT 4.0 workstation.  I
can't print!

Ok, I can map network drives fine (I did the fix so NT would sent text based
passwords) and all works well but when I try to print I get either an error
that states the printer is not setup properly (this is in Word97), or in other
programs I get "The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is
incorrect".

I tried to install printer both by being managed by a) my computer and b) net-
work printer server.  When I do network printer server I specify my samba
path \\computer.name\LaserJet.  The first time it said the drivers were not
loaded and it installed them and finished and all looked well.  However, the
strange thing is that it never asked for a password as it did in the past
with my Win95 machine.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Douglas Stoun <doug at igor.cmr.fsu.edu>
Florida State University - Center for Music Research