Samba and NT groups

Darryl Bond dbond at nrggos.com.au
Thu Jan 8 22:05:06 GMT 1998

Hi
    I have set up a Samba server Solaris 2.51, Samba-1.9.17p5
I am trying to use Kix32 to run in the logon script.
Everything works fine except kix32 does not recognise the groups for
mapping drives at startup

eg user1  primary group staff, secondary group finance

Kix32 tests to see if the user is a member of finance and then maps the
finance share.
This works fine under NT but does not seem to work under samba.

This is a stand alone box using security = user mode

Is there a difference between samba and NT in the way that groups are
handled?

thanks in advance