Server printer drivers?

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Thu Jan 8 00:46:31 GMT 1998

Hi all.  With the release of 1.9.18, I had a few questions.  The announce
said this:

Samba also provides automatic downloading of printer drivers for
Microsoft Windows 95 (tm) clients, allowing it to completely replace
Microsoft Windows NT servers for both file and printer services.

I don't understand what this means.  I have never had a problem installing
the printer driver on the client, and just sending the raw data thru to
the printer.  Isn't this how its intended to be done?

Thanks,
Dave