Problem connecting to Samba on Linux from NT 4.0

Clark Laughlin clarkl at potter.ieee.uh.edu
Tue Jan 6 17:59:32 GMT 1998

I have just installed Samba 1.9.17 under Linux.  I am able to connect to
it from a Windows 95 box without problems.  However, I am unable to
connect or browse from NT 4.0 Workstation.  I have all the documentation
that came with the Samba distribution, but I may have overlooked
something.  From what I've heard, this is a fairly common problem.  If
someone can assist or point me in the right direction, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Thank you,
Clark Laughlin

Here is my smb.conf file if it would be useful:

[global]
   workgroup = planet
   auto services = homes
   domain master = yes
   local master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   os level = 65
   server string = Samba service on %h (all access monitored)
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   wins support = yes
   guest account = ftp

[homes]