Samba printing problems

Jose Rafael Schiavon J.R.Schiavon at iname.com
Mon Jan 5 22:12:13 GMT 1998

Hi,

I have a problem printing from a Win95 box a a Linux box as a samba server.
The printer is a HP Laserjet 4p with ghostscrip 2.6.2. Printing from the
Linux box works ok, but from the Win95 I get the following message printed:

  This job requires more memory than is available in this printer
  Try one or more of the following:
    In the PostScript dialog box, click Optimize for Portability
    In the Device Options dialog box, make sure the Available Printer
Memory is accurate
    Reduce the number of fonts in the document.
    Print the document in parts.

In the Win95 box I have an Apple LaserWriter as the printer connected to
the Linux box.

Printing from DOS has no problems but with windows applications I get the
message above.

Thanks