Win98 beta 3

Graham Menhennitt gfm at mira.net
Fri Feb 27 01:30:08 GMT 1998

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:42:58 -0500 (EST),
	Laine Stump <laine at MorningStar.Com> wrote:

> I'm unable to mount a Samba share (1.9.18p1) on a Win98beta3
> client. Turning debug way up shows that it's failing in
> reply_ssetup_and_x() (see log excerpt below), apparently because of a
> bad password (?). This is odd, because it happens after telling what
> share to mount and before the password is requested from the user.
>
> This server works just fine with Win95 and NT clients. Is there some
> smb.conf parameter I need to tweak, or a newer version of samba needed?

I just had a similar problem with a Win98b3 client attempting to
connect to a WinNT server. It worked ok with 95 but not with 98. It
turned out that the password being entered was upper case whereas what
was on the server was lower case. 95 didn't seem to mind but 98 did. I
guess that the problem might be the same with Samba. Try changing the
password's case and see if it works.

"Brian Fernald" <fernald at nsi.edu>'s problem may be the same.

Graham