Problems with Samba and Solaris 2.6

Rick Flower Rick.Flower at trw.com
Thu Feb 26 16:32:03 GMT 1998

Just for the record... We've got Samba 1.9.17p5 running
on a 4 processor Sparc Ultra Enterprise 450 running under
Solaris 2.6 without any noticable problems (other than printers -- as
always).  I tried running the first two version of 1.9.18, but
ran in MAJOR performance issues.. One user reported opening a
few files from within an application running under NT4/SP3 would
take 5 minutes to complete, whereas once I switched back to the
1.9.17p5 the same operation took 5 seconds.  My suggestion is that
IF you are running the 1.9.18p? version(s), to switch back to using
the 1.9.17p5 and see if it works better.

-- Rick