Help : Win95 securuty hole (one more)

Rob Naccarato rob.naccarato at sheridanc.on.ca
Thu Feb 26 15:14:45 GMT 1998

"Gerald W. Carter" <cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU> wrote:

> Another note.  It is also imposssible to force a user to be validated by
> a domain at the network login box.  If you type in a non-existent
> domain, windows 95 will say "...Duhhhhh...I guess you are a valid
> user...nobody can tell me any different..."  Fun huh?!

Actually, can't it be done via the policies?  In poledit.exe, I think
the entry is in Computer->Network->Logon (or something like that).
In there is a selection for "Require validation by NT server before
access to Win95".

Sorry, I don't have a Win95 box near me, so I don't have the exact
path.

--

Rob Naccarato           "I know I'm a lot of feathers,
Sys Admin               but not much chicken."