Filenames being messed up

Ben B Hall bbh at linux.wincoll.ac.uk
Wed Feb 25 17:43:04 GMT 1998

Hello,

We run Acorn RiscPCs using a rather tacky program called Omni client to
mount using nfs off our redhat linux boxes which is VERY slow. I tried
setting them to use Samba but because acorns store files with their own
strange extensions i.e. filename/zip,ddc although I believe the / is not a
problem and is being seen fine as a . when I look in linux. Is there a way
to make Samba not care about the filename at ALL? Bit of an unclear email
coz im tired but if anyone thinks they can help with more info please
contact me.

Regards
Ben