Logout script and log analyser for samba?

Brendan O'Dea bod at compusol.com.au
Tue Feb 24 05:25:43 GMT 1998

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:25:21 -0600, "Gerald W. Carter"
<cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU> wrote:

>> - Has anyone made, or does exist a samba log analyser tool.
>> I want to be able to generate (for example) web pages time when user
>> logged (when he accessed netlogon share) and time when he logged out
>> (how can i know that?) from samba logs
>>

>One of the things I have on my todo list is some accounting scripts (
>most likely will be written them in perl ) for the smbd and nmbd logs.
>I could pass them along once they are completed ( haven't started on
>them yet though so.... ).
>
>Maybe I should ask if someone already has these?  Didn't see anything
>included in the docs/* directory...

I have a little Perl script which produces last(1)-type output from
the

    connect to service ...
    closed connection to service ...

messages in the smbd log file.  It's not fast (due to having to wade
through all the other stuff in the log, then reverse the results), but
you should be able to find it here:

Regards,
Brendan O'Dea                                        bod at compusol.com.au
Compusol Pty. Limited                  (NSW, Australia)  +61 2 9809 0133