nmb log file entry

Jim Watt jimw at pe-nelson.com
Tue Feb 24 02:34:49 GMT 1998

--On Monday, February 23, 1998, 5:54 PM -0800 "Jeremy Allison" <jallison at whistle.com> wrote:

} That means it really does have a source address of
} the broadcast address. You may need a network sniffer
} to track this one down.

Ugh!  *Nothing* should be doing that!

} I'm not sure this is exactly the same network problem as
} the previous one as I don't think his response is from the
} subnet broadcast address.

I think it was...I didn't save the entire note, so I don't
know what the netmask looked like.  But...

} Ralph Blach wrote:
} > query_name_response: Multiple (2) responses received for a query on
} > subnet 9.36.220.43 for name WHITE<1d>. This response was from
} > IP 9.36.223.255

I checked the digest archive - that's all the info there was in
the note.

Jim
--
Jim Watt                                 jimw at PE-Nelson.COM
Perkin-Elmer Corporation                 Voice (desk): +1 408 577 2228