Update release for Red Hat Linux 4.2

John Terpstra jht at samba.anu.edu.au
Sun Feb 22 01:42:41 GMT 1998

Please note that the binary RPM for Red Hat 4.2 has been updated.
A fix was necessary for a bug I introduced when I editing the makefile.
The default location for the browse, wins and locking file was incorrectly
set to /var/log/samba/lock/samba. This has been corrected now to
/var/lock/samba as it should have been from the beggining - Sorry for any
problems this may have caused.

Those still using Red Hat Linux 4.2 should update.

There is no code change and no functionality change _AND_ this does NOT
affect anyone using the RPMs for Red Hat Linux 5.0 (which did not have
this glitch).

Thanks to all sho pointed this one out.
I should say that I have actually trapped this problem and built a new
binary RPM and then stupidly posted the broken one! Argh! So that there is
no confusion I have rebuilt this package and posted the fix.

Cheers,
John H Terpstra - Samba-Team