SMBpassword and UNIX password sync?

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Sat Feb 21 20:48:29 GMT 1998

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Roeland M.J. Meyer wrote:

> >Is there anyway to syncronize the /etc/passwd and smbpasswd files such
> >that when a user changes their UNIX passwd, their smbpasswd will
> >automatically get created if one does not exist or changed their smbpasswd
> >if one DOES exist?
>
> Wrap both passwd amd smbpasswd, and maybe even yppasswd, with a perl/expect
> script which will do this for all systems when the user does a passwd
> change. We even are building a web-page/cgi-script that does this for our
> users.

Are you willing to share this bit of code?  I would love to do the same
thing here!

> >I am running Digital Unix 4.0D, no shadow password, no C2.  I am open to
> >using a different UNIX passwd program if that will help.  Thanks!
>
> You *really* don't want to do that.

Thanks for the advice.  I am just looking for ways to make my life easier!

|  Tim Winders, CNE              |  Email:  twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |