How to set Netscape enviroment on Samba home drive ?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Feb 18 22:05:23 GMT 1998

>         Does anyone know if there is any way of saving the Netscape
> portion of keys on the registry above HKeyLocalMachine on a samba
> drive. I would like that if a user created a profile in NEtscape 4.0
> via User Profile Manager in one machine in our lab, he/she would
> see that profile already created when he/she logged in on another
> machine in the lab.
>
>         I know that the HKCU portion of the registry goes to the
> USER.DAT file on the user's home directory. But settings like e-mail
> address, etc., don't go to USER.DAT (since they're in HKLM keys).

Setup a registry file to import ( overwrite ) the setting to HKLM during
the logon script.  Mail me if you need more explanation.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )