Problems

James jameso at shf.org
Wed Feb 18 21:58:49 GMT 1998

	Ok, I am new to Samba (Linux in general for that matter), but I am
playing around with it to see if it can be a good alternative to see if
it could be a good option rather than installing a new NT server. I have
printed out and read the man pages, but am still having a problem with
getting it configed correctly. When I run the smbclient program and try
to connect to get a list of shares from my NT server I get the following
errors

Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host la.de.da.com
Failed to get my hostname.
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host la.de.da.com
No interface found for address 196.126.10.64
Added interface ip=196.126.10.64 bcast=196.126.10.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host la.de.da.com.
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host la.de.da.com.
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown. host la.de.da.com
Get_Hostbyname: Unknown host NTSERVER.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Jim
jameso at shf.org