process_node_status_request and nmbd log file

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Wed Feb 18 12:09:14 GMT 1998

Hi,

 I have samba V1.9.18 running on a solaris V5.4  and it seems to be working
ok, but I'm getting the following messages printed several times in the
nmb.log file

process_node_status_request: status request for name *<00>.1701 from IP
158.152.154.139 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET - name not found.

This IP address isn't related to our site so I was wondering if I have got
something missconfigured, the testparm programs seem to think things are ok
though.

 thanks in advance for any help,

 Dave.