UDP socket being listened on.

Rudi Heitbaum rudi at darx.com.au
Mon Feb 16 09:47:14 GMT 1998

I have a UDP socket listening on my machine, here is the lsof/netstat
output. I was just wondering if anyone knows why this UDP socket is
listening.

# lsof -i UDP

COMMAND   PID USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE SIZE/OFF INODE NAME
smbd    18820 root    4u  inet 0x03a88018      0t0   UDP localhost:1799

# netstat -a -u

Active Internet connections (including servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
udp        0      0 localhost:1799          *:*

Regards

Rudi

--
Rudi Heitbaum                Ph:  +61-3-9822 1216
Managing Director            Fax: +61-3-9822 1728