Samba 1.9.18p2

Edward Wilson wilson at tip.net.au
Sat Feb 14 05:39:34 GMT 1998

Hi All,

I just downloaded the lastest Samba, went to compile it and it came up with
an error.

My Linux Kernel is 2.0.33 and I am running shadow passwords. The reason I
went for the lastest Samba is that is have WinNT/95 Encrypted password
support built it (you don't have to enable it as an extra option like you
do with the previous releases)

I setup my Makefile as required and then ran make:

Using CFLAGS = -O -DSMBLOGFILE="/usr/local/samba/var/log.smb"
-DNMBLOGFILE="/usr
/local/samba/var/log.nmb" -DCONFIGFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf"
-DLMHOSTS
FILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/lmhosts" -DWEB_ROOT="/usr/local/samba"
-DLOCKDIR="/us
r/local/samba/var/locks" -DSMBRUN="/usr/local/samba/bin/smbrun"
-DCODEPAGEDIR="/
usr/local/samba/lib/codepages" -DWORKGROUP="AWCS" -DGUEST_ACCOUNT="guest"
-DDRIV
ERFILE="/usr/local/samba/lib/printers.def" -DLINUX -DSHADOW_PWD
-DFAST_SHARE_MOD
ES       -DSMB_PASSWD="/usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd"
-DSMB_PASSWD_FILE="/usr/l
ocal/samba/private/smbpasswd"
Using LIBS =  -lshadow
Compiling util.c

etc etc, all compiled fine up to:

Compiling ufc.c
Compiling smbpass.c
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
make: *** [smbpass.o] Error 1

does anyon have any idea what is causing this error? I think it may have
something to do with the fact that I have Shadow passwords.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed.

 Edward Wilson