Case problems w/[homes]

Bryan Mattern bm at isye.gatech.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:29:12 GMT 1998

Hey everybody!

I have a small problem with my samba setup, running on a sparc ultra1
serving NT4/sp3 clients.  I am using the most recent release and
everything is working perfectly in terms of authentication with my NT
box set up as the password server.  The only problem is as follows:

It is important for us to preserve case, so for all of the services, I
have "preserve case = yes".  This works fine for all of the services I
have defined, but not for the [homes] service.  If you have any ideas, I
would love to hear them.  I have read the section in the smb.conf man
page about case mangling

thanks,
~bm
--