User authentication

zottmann at stj.gov.br zottmann at stj.gov.br
Thu Feb 12 15:20:08 GMT 1998

Hello!

I am trying to configure my samba server to authenticate users using a
Windows NT server, SP3, in order to share directories based on the user id,
but I am not achieving what I want.

I have set the "security" option to server and the "password server" to <my
server>, and I have done the workaround suggested by Microsoft regarding
plain text passwords, but when I try to connect to my shared samba
directory it asks me for a password, and when I give my Windows NT password
it denies me the access to the directory.

Can anyone help me on that?

Regards,

Carlos Zottmann
zottmann at stj.gov.br