How to set Netscape enviroment on Samba home drive ?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Feb 11 18:38:49 GMT 1998

Mark Lehrer wrote:

> > You get this kind of stuff by default with roaming profiles.( ie
> > user.dat or ntuser.dat ) If you are referring to netscape 4 then
> > just point the profile to the home directory (mapped to a consistent
> > drive letter) Ther was another post describing this method.
>
> Will it store mail folders in the same directory as the person's
> profile, or is that configurable too?
>
> Ideally, I would like to put the programs on drive C: (or possibly on a
> public network drive) but have the profile, cache, mail folders etc be
> in the user's home area (which is always drive M: on \\server\homes).
>
> Pegasus does this very well but I am ready for something different.
> Mark

I forgot to mention that the location of certain settings ( such as
bookmark location, etc... ) in Netscape3 is stored in
[HKCU\Software\Netscape\Nvaigator].

In netscape4 I think the currently available profiles is stored in the
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Netscape\...] keys.  Check these out as well.

                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )