1.9.16-patched performance

Sundar Narasimhan sundar at ascent.com
Wed Feb 11 17:27:59 GMT 1998

Question re: 1.9.16-patched performance. Hi, I have samba (version
indicated) running on Solaris 2.5.1. Recently we upgraded from 10B-T
to 100B-T and now, I periodically notice that performance between
samba and our NT SP3 clients slows down dramatically. Using snoop -- I
see that NT writes large packets as before, but samba only sends
packets that around 300-360 bytes. Needless to say this seems to be
intermittent and quite frustrating.

Does any one have any clues as to why this might be happening?

Thanks.