Mount NT on Unix?

Martin Mielke martin at jaleo.idecnet.com
Wed Feb 11 10:09:43 GMT 1998

Billinghurst, David wrote:

> Martin,
>
> Some time ago, Tue, 30 Sep 1997 22:43:12 +1000 to be exact, you mailed
> the samba list
> about mounting NT systems from Irix and you lack of success with rumba.
>
> Any progress?
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
> (Mr) David Billinghurst
> Comalco Research and Technical Support
> PO Box 316, Thomastown, Vic, Australia, 3074
> Phone:  +61 3 9469 0642
> FAX:    +61 3 9462 2700
> Email:  David.Billinghurst at riotinto.com.au

Hello David,
Hello Samba-readers,

I have frozen that Rumba stuff because I already can achieve what I want
with Samba; that is, I can make backups/restores from/to the Windows (NT
and 95) boxes.
I will try to read more about Rumba when I have enough "free time" (it's a
non-existent concept now :-) ) and implement it under Irix. I will let you
know.
Of course, if any among you is trying to make such an implementation under
Irix I think it could be a nice idea to make this effort together.
Comments?

Thanks for your time,

M at rtin
--