logon script

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Feb 10 22:11:18 GMT 1998

> Hi All (again),
>
> If there something special required to set up logon scripts under
> samba-1.9.18p2.?  I don't seem to see anything even attempted
> to be executed when a user logs in.
>
> I created a netlogon resource like so:
>
> [netlogon]
>         comment = Network Connection
>         browseable = yes
>         writeable = no
>         path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
>
> And I put a 'logon script = profile.bat' in the global section of
> the smb.conf file.  profile.bat is rwxr--r-- and is owned by an id
> 'samba'.

Do you have 'domain logons = yes' in the global section of smb.conf?  If
you need login scripts for NT clients you can either...

	- Place a batch file in the common startup group ( for All Users
	).  The samba server should accept guest access.  For example here
 	is the batch file on the local PC and login.bat is on a network
	share

		@echo off
		net use x: \\sambaguest\scripts /user:x x
		call x:\login.bat
		net use x: /d /yes

	and login.bat has whatever you want.

OR....

	- Get the BRANCH_NTDOM code via cvs and setup samba as an
	NT PDC :)

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )